- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups whole pearl onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 package long grain and wild rice mix and seasoning packet
Preheat the oven to 300 F.
Remove skin and bones from chicken breasts and cut into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces. Combine the chicken, celery, pearl onions and tarragon plus 1 cup of the unsalted chicken broth in a nonstick frying pan. Cook on medium heat until the chicken and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a baking dish, combine the wine, remaining 1 cup chicken broth, rice and seasoning packet. Let soak for 30 minutes.
Add the cooked chicken and vegetables to the baking dish. Cover and bake for 60 minutes. Check periodically and add more broth if the rice is too dry. Serve immediately.