- 1/3 pound rigatoni noodles
- 1 cup broccoli florets (tops)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
While the pasta is cooking, in a pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add the broccoli, cover and steam until tender, about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta and broccoli. Toss with Parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic. Season with pepper to taste. Serve immediately.